is a recent name.
Missi-tuck has been around since before the Pequots named and loved him. The Mystic River and the upstream lakes, streams and brooks flow through the unceded lands of the Mashuntucket and Eastern Pequots, whose friendship and participation in this Alliance honors the rest of us as we hope to honor them.
To keep all those in CT's Mystic River Watershed safe and flourishing during this period of intensifying climate change, we will:
1. Improve equity and community resilience by expanding citizen participation in decision making and stewardship;
2. Improve the quality of water and habitats and nourish ecological health;
3. Inform and coordinate efforts to reduce risks from climate change impacts;
4. Advocate for climate-smart development and healthy, thriving communities;
5. Promote youth well-being and school involvement through stewardship, citizen science and civic engagement.